Minerals and Waste Planning
- Mineral Products Association & CBI Minerals Group: Advocacy on behalf of the minerals industry through representations on all minerals plans in the south of England including at Examination. Development and advocacy of national minerals planning policy including producing the UK Minerals Strategy, and preparation of guidance on safeguarding, local aggregates assessments, and biodiversity gain (with Planning Officers’ Society)
- Private developers: Site appraisals and preparation of planning applications for waste management facilities, including preparation of supporting evidence, project management of technical specialists, liaison with planning authorities and submission of planning applications.
- Sustainability appraisals on behalf of applicants and planning authorities proposed development expert witness.
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation advice to planning authorities and developers.
- MPA: Leading the Biodiversity Group, Ppreparation and implementation of the MPA’s biodiversity strategy, net gain and mineral extraction, and coordinaton of the biennial MPA Quarries and Nature Awards.
- Defra: As part of a consortium appraisal of biodiversity offsetting pilots, and developing the evaluation framework for mandatory biodiversity gain.